Old 03-27-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
DesertFoxAZ

I do want to say this...

My cousin, who is 14 years older than me, got messed up with drugs and his impaired judgement had led to serious injury to a young child. He up spending time in prison as a result as you could very well imagine. It cost him his marriage and severely hurt the relationship he had with his two young daughters.

When he was in prison he was able to get clean, find his faith, and turn his life around and become involved in his daughters' lives again. He also started his own business and has been quite successful. My family has always been very judgmental but have come to realize that he did overcome his demons and become a productive member of society and don't feel any ill will toward him (to my knowledge). I am sure having the proper support system in place helped a lot but it was also very important that he accepted responsibility for his own actions and has grown as a person during his incarceration.

I want to believe my former friend can overcome this but I honestly don't think her ex is the right person to provide the support she needs. I don't claim to be either, as I know I just can't handle the stress of the situation. I am fairly certain there is no one else in her life that's looking out for her.

Perhaps going to prison is what she needs. She had blown off all her court appearances (except for the one I took her to) until she was held without bail following her arrest three months ago. There's no way she's going to be able to ignore this stuff if she's behind bars. I won't be visiting her if this happens.