View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Hello Gary,

I'm really glad to hear that you've read through some of the other AVRT threads already. That will save me some of the usual boiler plate advice, although I still recommend the book if you haven't read it.

The power of AVRT lies in its simple, yet austere logic, which exposes the Addictive Voice, regardless of the word play used to conceal it from its host and others. It is kind of like wearing 3D glasses at the movie theater -- suddenly you can just see what you previously could not.

It's true that it takes a little bit of time for the AV to be thoroughly exposed in our own thinking, and that some people are better at exposing the AV in others, but anyone can do it.

To the extent that the original AVRT threads were revolutionary, it was in plainly parsing things through the lens of AVRT, and in displaying the view through the lens, without too much other stuff added on.

The framework is there, though, and anyone can do this, not only in their own thinking, but also as the back-and-forth parlor game that is AVRT discussion, which Beasts instinctively run and hide from.

I look forward to your input.