Old 03-25-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
mandosca

Uggg, I just had a nice long post typed out thanking everybody for all of their kind words and encouragement and I lost the whole thing. So again, Thank you all so very much. It meant the world to me!

I was really tested today, that's for sure. My mother came over and was having a very emotional, bad day. Come to find out my parents (whom have been married for over 30 years and had what I thought was the perfect marriage) have been fighting alot and are now talking about counseling amongst other things. My mom was so upset that I called my husband and had him get a bottle of wine. I had full intention of saying F it and having some with her but I kept thinking about what all of you wrote. I decided to wait while my mom had her first glass. Then I told myself to wait just until she finished her second. Minute by minute I got through it.. Between being worried about my mother, my parents relationship and the fact that every adult was drinking besides me.. I stayed 100% sober. You were all right.. I am going to wake up tomorrow so proud of myself. So again, Thank you all so much!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful sober weekend! :-)