Old 03-25-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
argillaceous

It's been awhile since I've been able to really catch up, so apologies ahead of time for the extra-long post:

Oh NapsteR1, when you talked about the anxiety of the growing pile of work and then the drinking to relieve the anxiety and the loopety-loop that follows, you so eloquently put into words my exact pattern, whether it's "earning-money" work or "paying-bills-with-money-earned" kind of "work." Anything that was something I really didn't want to do would be helped by a drink (or four).

thatwastheoldme, I love that your Day 1 is Pi day. I'm jealous.

As for regretting all those years (oh, wait, no...all those decades), I drank, peacefulintent, I am right beside you. But I didn't drink today or yesterday or the day before and I can now look back with pride to those memories.

rmeatgt350: Could you ask my hypochondriac over for a play date? I'd really like to get a break from it, if only for a teeny-tiny bit of time..

Ah, the witching hour. Bebrave, like you (and from what I've been reading, others), there is a certain time of evening where AV is at its best. The seduction at that time is, well, astonishing. And it happens to coincide (and become stronger) when like Bebrave and Hopeforme, I start to prep the meal.

Speaking of triggers, another one for me is what SandyO mentioned, husband calling to say he's going to home late. Instead of being a bit sad, I would be kinda excited because it meant I'd have more time to drink without having to sort of sneak it like I would when he was home. Sigh.

Caramel, thanks for posting the idea thinking of three things to accomplish the next day the night before. I like that. I'm going to try it.

Bobbieka! I was happy to see you back. Thanks for the prayers for my sweet greyhound.

tonggau, in my new sobriety, I've also had someone be uncomfortable I didn't drink (I used to drink a lot with this guy); he was really focused on why I wasn't drinking. Interesting.

JCNY, 11 days is now more than that I think. Sending a virtual high-five...

Ah, piffle. I still haven't finished catching up and giving shout outs (I have several more pages to read up on), but hubby is coming in the door with dinner so I'll just post this for now and catch up with everyone else later when I have a bit more time. Ciao for now.