Old 03-24-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Cassandralee

Good morning classmates - Day 71 and feeling healthy.

I will always be grateful for waking up to a new day, sober. It's like being a kid on Christmas morning.

I've faced quite a bit of stress during the last few days, particularly at work. Yesterday I felt quite anxious over a work situation and I was talking to some colleagues and they said how they couldn't wait to get home and have a few drinks to unwind. Then I started to think how nice that would be as well. Just to let the stress, wash away. I considered having a drink, for about 10 minutes, but my mind started to play the tape, the first few sips, then a glass, then the bottle etc.... then, the morning after, waking up today, sick and depressed. I think I'm learning that stress and worry is part of everyday life and I can actually cope without alcohol. Chocolate is my new addiction, although I do have it under control and only eat it at night.

NACN I was in your shoes last week. I also had a Gala event. I really visualized the night, over and over, prior to going and could see myself having a good time, sober, with a non-alcoholic beverage. Also I imagined what I was going to say when people offered me a drink, or asked me why I wasn't drinking. I hope you have a great sober night.