View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PistachioCake

I know I matter, too.

Hello Everyone. I would love to hear from someone regarding a decision I made. My alcoholic fiancé has been steadily getting worse in the 2 1/2 years we have been together and I have become more frustrated than ever. He lies, hides beer, has stopped contributing financially, has no friends - all the things I have read are characteristics of most alcoholics. My patience with him has ended. Earlier this week I had to drive him to work. He asked me to stop at the store so he could get some things for lunch but when he came back out all he had was beer. He drank a 6 pack before we got to his job and would not get out of my car when we got there. He grabbed my keys and would not give them to me. His personality changed so fast. The only way I could get him out was to call 911 so he knew I was serious. He gave me my keys and got out and I left. I did not feel bad about what I had done. He showed up at my house later in the day, drunk, and carrying more beer. I told him he had to leave. He came back later and I made him leave. He called and left voicemails, sent text messages - all blaming me for what happened, saying he has no money, no food, he's homeless - but no apologies of course. I know he won't apologize. I don't care about that. I'm out of town now (vacation week). I have not heard from him and I'm so glad. I already had my trip planned and tried to give him his things when he came back that day but he said he would wait until I get back. I'm still not sorry for what I did. I could not compromise my integrity, health, and sanity any longer. When I get home I plan to get his things to him and start attending Al-anon or therapy. I still don't understand it all - how the brain of an alcoholic is altered. I gave my title to this thread because I tried to talk to someone about this and this "professional" kept talking about how my fiancé needed a program. He's done that - stayed 4 months and began drinking again the day he got out. His parents won't even let him stay at their house. I want my life back. I matter more now. Any thoughts? I know I am not wrong.