Thread: Quick question.
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Missandy

Originally Posted by Centered3 View Post
That might be nice for him to hear.

It sounds like you did not take it personally. That is good. It's not personal. He needs to work on recovery, which is enough pressure itself.

I hope Alanon and therapy are helping you see your own truths about your codependent ways. Focus on yourself and your behavior and thinking, and not on his behavior.

If that is your motive, then I would send him a text with those exact words and then leave it there. Period. It's brief, it's kind, it's supportive. Let it be like a whiff of perfume that's pleasant and gone (something my sponsor once said to me).

If he writes back "thank you", let it be just like that. Let him have the last word, unless his response needs an explanation. If he doesn't respond to your text, just leave it, do not send another one.

Thank you for this response, I needed it. I have tried to not take it personally but I do have my moments where I get angry for him leaving me behind. I have been pretty rational in my thinking tho and can typically calm myself down and realize this isn't about me. It's literally life or death for him. Just being a fixer it makes me feel helpless and unwanted. Tho I'm learning more and more that that is very far from the truth.

He used to always tell me, how is your heart so big, you've been hurt so much in your life yet you still can love like nothing ever happened. It's a blessing and a curse. Bottom line, I wish him well, and that's it. No expectations, if he wants to reach out one day, that's on him. I will not force it.