View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
AlaskaGirl

Hi All! How fun this has turned out to be! Thank you all for responding, it's great too learn a little more about everyone.

Behappy1 and Zenchaser, good for both of you for riding out the harder times. I'm so glad you are here.

Calicofish-you go girl!

shockozulu-I would be honored if you pinned the thread. Truly.

I'm traveling for work right now, hence the delayed check in. My industry is pretty well known for lots of drinking, especially during the nighttime receptions, dinners, then after parties. I wasn't too worried about how I would feel, but part of me thought it would be a little hard. It hasn't been as difficult as I imagined.

One of my former drinking buddies was surprised when I told her I was abstaining (I just said for my health.) She asked how long it has been and I told her since New Years. I wish I had a picture of her face when I said that. She was shocked. Other than that nobody has batted an eye. They ask me if I want a drink, I casually turn it down. The best part has been not feeling like hell during the all day meetings. Small victories adding up to a great big win.

Thank you all again for being here!!! You are all a big part of my new journey. XOXO