Old 03-22-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AlwysConflicted

Originally Posted by MrsLecter View Post
I'm a Londoner too; nice to meet you and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

I'm newly sober in terms of alcohol but my drug of choice was heroin so my experience is a little different from yours. That being said, I understand your reluctance with regards to online support. The amount of weird forums I've participated in is embarrassing.

Nevertheless, this place is very cool and there is so much support. I'm clean from drugs for several years and newly sober so I go to both NA and AA meetings. It's not for everyone but if you need a place to go to hang out with like-minded people, I highly recommend it.
hey! awesome for you! different drug, different effects but ultimately addiction for me is kinda the same imo whatever the substance and whatever the reason you started/continued it for. We are more satisfied and comfortable essentially in half alive states, not willing to face realities and not willing to see the damage we are causing before it's too late. But then again only talking from my experience so someone could have a totally different view!!..For me even food and relationships for me my past relationships was more like a drug addiction than a healthy relationship! my past therapists used to always say it's about 'finding ways to not be so excessive' if im on a diet its a under 1000 kcal diet, if im in binge mode lol. well lets just say i can eat alot.

i have often considered finding a group to go to once a week, i think i would benefit more from face to face interactions and developing relationships with people who get it..could you let me know of any good ones?