View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ThatWasTheOldMe

Job Interview While Still Shaky

I had to cancel at the last minute because I was having a panic attack and anxiety over my shakiness. I wasn't even able to write my name, and I was mortified of embarrassing myself if I were to be asked to write something during the interview.

To top it all off, I called the HR person (on her cell phone) that set up the interview the day before (which was a Sunday) and left an anxiety-ridden voicemail telling her my dad was in the hospital, so I would like to reschedule the interview. To which she texted me back, "Sorry can't talk right now." My dad really was and still is in the hospital, but that wasn't the entire reason obviously.

The day of the interview, I called the HR person's work phone and left a voice message saying that I would be happy to reschedule, but I needed to cancel the job interview.

Long story short, that's a lost opportunity from drinking, and I wasn't even drinking. I was a week sober. This was yesterday and Sunday.

Another good reason not to pick up that first drink, folks. I will probably end up writing an amends letter to that HR person in the future explaining the exact nature of my screw-up. Provided doing so would not constitute professional suicide. As of now, she just thinks I'm flaky or like some engineers, have a lot of anxiety.

Either way, one day at a time. Day 9 today. And I'm happily sober. I actually had a good day. I was approved for Medicaid to hopefully back pay hospital bills to the beginning of the year and I helped a friend that accidentally locked her keys in her car.