Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
NapsteR1

Worst part of early recovery is rolling over landmines your drunken self planted for you. Got up feeling very positive, 2 hours into the day I've had a call with the ex where she informed me the kids don't want to stay with me this weekend (what did I expect though really). A meeting with the Boss about a project that's in danger of going off a cliff due in no small part to a "flip it, that'll do" approach to due diligence on my part 3 months ago, and 2 customer complaints which again have their roots in my previous attitude.... AV is helpfully pointing out there is a door I can walk out off and many many shops on the way home and it's a nice sunny afternoon, I could sod off early on a pretext and in a couple of hours I'd not really give a s**t.

However that's not going to happen, got a new meeting to go to tonight, bit too close to my work for my liking and worried about bumping into someone from here but staying at home alone isn't an option this evening. Slight upside of not having the kids is that I can go back to the Friday meeting I went to last week - I said I would be coming back before I thought about childcare arrangements.

"All" I've got to go is stay off the booze full stop and there will be no more landmines.