View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dagz

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
welcome Dagz,

Alcoholism doesn't have a type. It goes after everyone, young/old, rich/poor, atheist/religious, every ethnic group or belief system. Your body is giving you the warning it needs you to stop. No two alcoholics got to their bottom alike but we all reached our breaking point. You're at yours and your body is telling you. Good thing is you're so young and your body will fix itself with your decision to stop drinking. I would suggest going to a doctor make sure that the "liver" pains aren't a sign/symptom of anything else.

You need to stop drinking, get a plan/program of sobriety.

Good luck and many prayers.
Thank you for your input. I truly appreciate it. And you're absolutely right, my alcoholism has destroyed friendships, relationships, and potential friendships, all because I say stupid things and act like an idiot when I'm drunk. For the longest time, I didn't care, and I've felt like I never had an actual problem, even though deep down I knew I did, I just ignored it. Until tonight, when I was talking to one of my ex's who moved away to Tennessee who recently kicked a meth habit, and it inspired me. I came clean to her tonight about how bad my alcoholism is, and told her she inspired me to get clean. My eyes have finally opened up, and I can't stop kicking myself in the rear end for how long I've blindly just kept drinking, without thinking of the consequences. It's a terrible feeling knowing how much could have been prevented if I wasn't an alcoholic. Everything from health, to friendships and relationships. It doesn't feel good at all... but I want to take that hurt and turn it into motivation to become somebody different, because I absolutely hate who I am right now.

And with the liver pains, I know I need to see a doctor, but I'm terrified to find out if something is wrong or not. I know I need to, but I'm hoping that it's just from drinking too much, and not from liver disease. I hate going to the doctor, even though I need to get checked out. I planned on going a few weeks without drinking and see if the pains go away (since it's not every day), but I know I should do the smart thing and get checked out to make sure everything is fine. But I also don't want "alcoholism" on my medical record if I can help it, so when it comes to that I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thank you for your input.