Thread: 44 months today
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tnman1967

44 months today

Well, here we are again, a winter with two trips under my belt where I didn't drink even though I was around alcohol the whole time. Don't miss it really. I find myself struggling with not looking down on people who drink. In fact I think drinking is so ridiculous that I can't fathom that I was caught in that death spiral. I drank so I got one PI, two DUI's. Got mugged one time and countless of accidents where I hurt myself. I thank God for not being in a serious accident and hurting someone or worse killing someone. I almost lost my wife to drinking and I can go on and on. The last straw was when I got Gout which my doctor attributed to my excessive beer consumption in conjunction with a general bad lifestyle and diet. I quit almost four years ago and about two years ago I made some diet changes and I have never felt better. My blood results went from dismal to very good for the most part. I honestly have to say, I can't believe that I didn't quit sooner. I tried so many times to quit but my heart was not in it. I just got sick and tired of it all one day in August of 2013. I knew that I was on a death spiral and I would soon be without both my wife and job if I didn't finally give this up. I did a complete mental change, this time I wanted to quit. I didn't want to be slave to the bottle anymore. Has it been easy you might ask, by no means no. I have my up and downs like most people, but I keep reminding myself that I do not want to go back in to that hell ever again. Thanks for reading.