Old 03-19-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
paulokes

Originally Posted by JWS View Post
I don`t have a problem with anyone attending a meeting UNLESS they are indifferent or careless with another`s anonymity.
It's a problem...but I think it's a PERSONAL problem. I work in Mental Health and do have to consider I may bump in to people at meetings that I have met at work, or people at work that I have met at meetings.

I have actually met someone in an inpatient psychiatric setting that I knew well from meetings. They were probably more concerned about me having a loose tongue than I was about them. But of course when it happened I panicked a little.

By the nature of their difficulties, this person was at the time a little delirious, not aware of their surroundings, not in complete control of their actions and potentially hostile. They definitely recognised me though and were aware of how we knew each other.

I've previously worked in other 'professional' jobs and again came across people at AA I knew professionally. Same thing.

It's all about how I decide to deal with those circumstances...and wether I choose to live in fear or trust that I can deal with any situation that comes up, if it comes up.

P