View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Thankyou, Zenchaser, it matters hugely to me that you understand. I've considered embarking upon some more training for the jobs I enjoyed, whilst learning the 'corporate career ladder'. I'm glad to leave that so called career ladder behind me. It was never a good fit. I'm more of a people person, not a pounds and dollars person.
i used to be in the construction field- did a lot of rough framing, siding,roofing, window replacement, remodeling. loved it. i left a pretty good job in a machine shop with good benefits after 10 years to get into construction- i didnt mind workin 10 hour days, but didnt like being cooped up inside all day. and to boot, no windows to even see if the sun was shinin, if there was a storm rollin through, if it was snowing....
i was about 3 years into the construction career and we had a family reunion. my uncle was there, who had retired from a 35 year career with a bank- the same bank all those year. he asked me what i was up to and told him i got into construction. i was rather shocked when he said,'well, that carrer wont mount to much."
shocked he said that, but it didnt bother me because i was likin what i was doin. i loved being outside workin.
shortly after he started talkin to my sister about how glad he was to be out of the bank and how miserable it was for years.
and all i could do is smile.