View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Doug39

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I dunno i think it just catches up to you. or you get tired of it?

i'd routinely show up to work still drunk from the night before. I'd sit there so hungover i'd just zone out for the first couple hours of the day. by 3 or 4pm i was pretty eager to drink again.

I dunno how much longer i coulda kept doing that maybe a few more years I dunno but what did me in was the increasing frequency of panic attacks which i htink where mainly brought on by alcohol withdrawel. I gues sthe 15-20 beers i had the night before wasnt enough by 3 or 4 am i'd wake up with the first set of issues then by 7 or 8 am it was getting worse then i just battled panic attacks through out the day. It woudnt get better till i drank again so I started drinking earlier and earlier in the day.

I think it just caught up with me. after i got sober i realized i was also pretty tired of it too.
This was me exactly.

In my younger days I could bounce back a lot quicker. I could stay out till 2 in the morning drinking and get up and go to work at 7. Sometimes on weekends I was up for 36 hours straight and drank the whole 36 hours.

As I aged it got harder and harder to function; it took a physical toll on my body but mentally I was burned out for years before I quit drinking.

Not only did the booze mess me up but I became overweight, out of shape, developed high blood pressure and sleep apnea - so I walked around like a zombie for years either exhausted, drunk or both.

Today at 142 days sober I look back on it like it was a bad dream - I get better and more clearer everyday. I never want to go back to the state of being again.