Old 03-13-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

I read this thread the best I could through all the twists, turns, events, etc. It is a bit hard to follow and confusing.

OP: I say this very gently. I think you are deeply conflicted in your feelings with this woman. You contradicted yourself a few times in your posts; stating you were just friends and just wanted to help her out and have helped her out and care for her, etc. (rescue her perhaps?),.... you want see her be well. But you also have said you were in love with her and were thinking with your nether parts.

I think you actually fell in love with her, but you felt ashamed of it, so you developed a pattern of being in fierce denial about how you really felt.... she represents everything that you also feel is a big huge "no no". Forbidden fruit. So, it pains you to have fallen in love with someone of her caliber (a prostitute addict). Someone who was lost and on a destructive path. But the fact remains, you did fall in love with her and your postings and actions surrounding her almost sound obsessive. Her "ex" strikes me as being obsessed with her as well and also controlling.

Anyways, I'm not here to judge anyone for who they might fall for or what they did. What's done is done. That happens. But, part of your continuing to be "involved" with her life was by your choice, I think also in attempts to rescue her and having some need to know about her and what she's up to if you could not find out directly from her. It's possible she did not answer your emails and texts because she felt conflicted too.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with helping others; nothing at all. But sometimes we get burned in the process. I speak from experience here... I know what it's like to help someone and then end up getting burned.

And, I know what it's like to trust someone; confide in someone; and then be betrayed.

I am so very sorry for how traumatic this has been for you ..... but there really and truly can be healing....

Perhaps you are the type of person who has intense emotions? When you "feel" something it's a great feeling. Passion might be the right word I'm thinking of. Sometimes those of us who are the most passionate take things harder.

My wish for you is that you can get over this whatever it was/is and be whole and happy. She's got waaaaay too many problems, you need to leave her in the past, friend. I'm not saying she is a bad person. But she's got major problems and it's scary.