Thread: 3 Weeks Sober!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LifeInDetox

Wink 3 Weeks Sober!

New to Soberrecovery.com as of about 3 minutes ago I'm a chronic alcoholic of 15 years (about 30 drinks a day)...and I checked myself into rehab 3 weeks ago – sober 20 days today and loving it. Am working the 12 Steps with a Buddhist approach and it's working SO well for me. Currently working on setting up a sober network when I get home next Tuesday –*AA meetings (found a Buddist focused one that is every Thursday - win!) as well as gym appointments with my personal trainer (that I abandoned last November), meditation groups and yoga. I've been documenting my journey on my blog since the day I unknowingly did my Step 1, which was such an awful day. Currently looking forward to finding a sponsor when I return home (eventually) and moving on to Step 4 and onward. Through a lot of reading and introspection though I've already moved onto making some amends and feel I've come leaps in bounds in just 3 weeks...focusing on the present – always – is helping me the most.

Looking forward to connecting with everyone here and following your journeys and learning from, and supporting, all of you!

Last edited by LifeInDetox; 03-13-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Changed Title