Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
solicitude

The ex stuff sounds really fishy to me. It honestly seems like they were using you together. IDK that's just my instinct on how this sounds and based on things I've seen before. Sometimes these people are MASTER PRO manipulators. They make up the wildest stories because they know OUR motives are empathy, love, support, etc. They sit and think about what is the best lie to work this person over so that they can get the person to believe a false alibi, get a ride, money or stuff from them. It happens. Some people just aren't capable of caring about how heinous they are to other people because they are caught up in a world of addiction or mental problems. She seems to have a drug problem on top of a mental health issue. This makes it 1000000 times worse, in the way of behavior and relapse. These people have the hardest time getting or staying clean and they tend to do the craziest things.
When it comes to touchy situations like these, I know that all of us tend to take offense or feel insulted by many things others say. But just know that NOTHING here is said with the intention to insult or demean or hurt you. The offense tends to be taken when a person is trying to be blatantly honest in their opinion. Which is what you NEED soo desperately in times like this. I never had that in my life, everyone just let me think what I wanted to think, I guess because it was too much work to go against my offense taking. Now, that hurts to think about. It feels like I wasn't worth that work to them. That I needed someone to SHAKE ME and say SNAP OUT OF IT. And now that I've moved on from my problems, I tend to be most grateful when a person can just be plain honest with me instead of beating around the bush and being concerned about what I WANT TO HEAR. Because What I WANT to hear is not what I NEED to hear, is not what will HELP ME in the long term, is not what will PREPARE me for REAL LIFE.