View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sausageandmash

Getting ready to leave

Hi everyone, first post from me.
I have been with my AH for eighteen years now,the last seven have been a living hell because of his drinking. I am now buying a house and move into it in about three weeks, giving him the opportunity to stay in our rented apartment. I told him at the beginning of the house buying process that he wouldn't be moving into it with me unless he sorted himsef out, and of course, he hasn't, although he swears he wants nothing more. Dont really know why Im posting here, execpt looking for a little support..Im super excited about the house but not as much as I should be, cause,like everything, his drinking is taking the joy out of it. I'm leaving him with everything he needs in terms of furniture, appliance etc but still feel so guilty, even though he has no guilt whatsoever for what he has put me through. Ive not even considered how it will feel once Ive gone, or what it means to be sepearated, one thing at a time, right?
Things I'm looking forward to: peace and quiet, no wasted food, home not stinking of cigarettes, home staying tidy, shopping for new furniture!!!
Things I'm not looking forward to: missing him/worrying about him/waking up in a new community on my own
TC xx