View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
6502ASM

One of the most difficult things for people to do in our modern culture is to live within our means. It seems that society makes it so the highlight of your day is eating food or buying something (or getting high). I live in the suburbs, there is nothing within walking distance except more cookie cutter houses, chain restaurants , chain stores like Wal-Mart and liquor stores. Everything involves spending money, eating too much food or getting high. Remember the old 1970's movie "Over the Edge" with Matt Dillon? It used to warn us about how living in these communities that made no plans for teenagers to stay occupied would push teens into drugs? Well, I think it does the same thing to the parents! When not working, I try to take on projects at home like fixing an old TV (I enjoy electronics). It keeps me away from over eating, drinking and off of Amazon and Ebay and the stores buying junk I don't need. But not always. Would love to know what others do to not make spending money the "highlight of the day"