Old 03-11-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BullDog777

now i'm getting why people caution on no major decisions in the first year....

So I got a puppy for my 1 year anniversary. I really love her. So does my wife and daughter. She's a black pit named Maggie and is 12 weeks old.
We adopted her last sunday.

This week has been tough. She is a hell of a handful. I've had pits and rotties in the past, but none so young. My training skills are rusty to say the least.

I'm telling you all...this was a huge thing for me. I'm really stressed out. Not in a bad way. I just wanna do this right..you know? So, i'm back to the insomnia even though Maggie sleeps straight through the night so far.
Why? Anxiety.

My neighbor and i have become good friends because we both suffer from anxiety and our kids have been friends all their lives..She took one look at me on thursday and told me...maybe you need to go back on anti-anxiety meds. I know i'm a bit amped up but I thought i was being more ...i dunno...vigiliant than nervous...but then again...it is 3:44am here.

i dunno...maybe i just need to relax..or surrender some illusion of control i think i have over the situation...i don't know...maybe she's right.

I do know now why AA says no major decisions in the first year. even though i'm just barely a year..i don't think i could have done this even 6 months ago. ok that's enough out of me...i'm gonna go panic for awhile.