Old 03-10-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
ScaredWife29

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Well, I missed that "immature, no offense" line.

His parents sound like they want to dump the problem back on you and manipulate you to keep you there.

You are not his keeper. You are not their employee. As for their offer of support...not sure what that might look like given that their response to your fears of his abuse is to dismiss your feelings and insult you.

No. You are your own person, just as he is. You determine what you are willing to have in your life and what you are not.

Take them out of the equation...they are not helpful. Now. What do YOU want to do?
Thank you. I've learned that I cannot depend on their support. Words are words. Words are easy. It does appear that I am the one who has to deal with this. I am close to the point where I will walk away. They have made it clear that the ball is in my court. The "immature" comment really threw me. So it is ok for them to ignore their son's issues until he hits "rock bottom," further hurting himself and others in the process? But it is not ok for me to walk away for good to get away from the abuse? The more I think about it, the more bothered I feel. Also, I asked my MIL yesterday if she recalls him having any issues earlier in his life. She said she doesn't remember. He has told me a lot about the issues. I doubt any mother could forget having to get anti-depressants for their young child. It seems like his whole family is hiding something from me