Old 03-10-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ScaredWife29

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post
You most certainly are not stuck Scaredwife and it is possible for you to move forward with your plans, move, collect yourself and begin your own recovery. I wonder why you would consider staying at this point. Your husband needs to know, that you are serious and are no longer willing to live with his abuse. He needs to see the reality of the situation, since you have a plan in place why not move forward with it

I also hope that you plan to go forward with you visit home, by yourself, and spend time with the people who love you and who will support you. Going away may very well help you get some perspective.

You need to protect yourself, not him.

Why has the cancellation of the intervention changed your mind???
Thank you. He was a bit nicer yesterday, and apologized for drinking and promised to go to AA and the psychiatrist (he has an appointment this morning), which gives me a slight glimmer of hope. I think I will give him a couple of months and then walk away for good if he slips back. In the meantime, I am no longer going to let his drinking affect me. Whenever he leaves for a hotel, I will try not to let it bother me. I won't cry or even ask if he has been drinking. I know whenever he does, as it is obvious. I'll give him a few more months to clean up and get sober and then walk away. In the meantime, I won't plan any more trips or other future things with him (aside from the trip next week, a trip in May we already have planned, and his brother's wedding in May.