Old 03-09-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
BuddinK

Hello Marchers of 2017!
I'm from the March 2013 class and today marks 4 years since my last drink.

That night I got a DUI and thought my life was going into the crapper, as it turns out, that DUI may have saved my life.

I wont say it was easy, especially the first few months, far from it. If not for finding this site and joining up and participating with my class I doubt I would have made it beyond those first few weeks.

Getting sober is not a cure all, everyday will not be perfect, but, when those bad days come you will be able to deal with them much better. I've had to endure my estranged wife's suicide, my brother developing cancer, then dying of a heart attack the day he won an award for his work in his industry. The running away and not returning of 2 dogs. One I got as a present to myself for making 6 months sober, and the other I got as a tribute to my brother and my parents who are all now deceased.

I've also had some great things happen, I left my job that was taking huge advantage of me and moved to a new city. I bought a house and paid off all my debts. I also used some techniques I learned here to quit smoking, next week I will have 1 year tobacco free. None of that could have happened if I were still drinking.

Find a plan that works for you and stick with it. You've gotten a good start by joining a class.

If you get a chance stop by Class of March 2013 and say Hi