Old 03-09-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal

Pleased to hear your knee is better, Poppy! I had a similar situation with my therapist like you had at your doctors. But whenever I try to rationalise my drinking or play down my addiction I just have to question what aspect of the drinking I'm missing and it's never the taste or the glass with dinner.

I'd love to see your new artwork once it's finished. I need my art too, I don't know if it's necessarily about expressing myself but it's so therapeutic and I really drift into another world when I'm painting or weaving. It's so relaxing for my brain.
Oh and well done on 4 months!

Steely, thanks for your nice words and encouragement about studying! I have to understand that it's just me I'm doing it for but I'm still struggling with the whole "me" aspect about life in general. Surprisingly my mum noticed this time that her comment on my studying wasn't nice at all and she even apologised to me. That was the first time ever she did that. Now I'm worried she might feel bad about it though.
I loved what you said about the social attitude towards alcoholism and coming out of the dark.
Where I live drinking lots and at all times of the day is the norm for many people. Still I doubt they'd label themselves as active alcoholics. But I'm sure lots of them must be addicted to a certain degree. I think partly it's cause in our society we often don't really see alcohol as the addictive drug it is. That's why it's more difficult to accept that people just can get addicted to it without having done anything really "wrong". There's often no clear line between socially accepted drinking and alcoholism. And I think that's what most people don't want to see. They have this stereotype image of the homeless old guy who's drinking 2 large bottles of vodka a day. It's an interesting topic.

Thanks November! Hope it's going well for you

Congrats on 112 days, Solly!

Tnek, well done with your business trip, you can be proud of yourself

Plenny, sounds like you made the right decision with your jobs.

I just noticed it's 20 weeks for me, that's quite a while