View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
juju48

Iv left AH and thankyou!

Hi all
I left my AH 3 weeks ago after just a year and a half of marriage. I would tell all of my story,however iv read pretty much the same over and over on this site,so i know i dont actually need to explain!
He went to his first aa meeting 6 months ago,i believed he had stayed sober during this time,however we dont/didnt live together (yeh thats a whole different story!) and have suspected on a few occasions he has been drinking. The night of 13th feb i had a midnight text (or quack as i now know they are called!) he was clearly drunk. He hadnt been to a meeting in 2 months,as he didnt drink every day,just benders every few months so wasnt as bad as them.....yes as i now know,another quack!
I didnt respond to his ''babe were done,i cant cope with your ******** life anymore'' nor his 2 day later message of ''im so sorry i dont know why i said what i said,i was confused''. I responded with silence. Until last saturday when i got the usual barrage of abuse...,im a cheat,im a liar,fat cu*t (uk size 8 really?!hahaha). All i messaged back was ''quack quack'' and he flipped his poop haha!
The next contact he will receive from me is divorce papers in approx 6 weeks,im off the crazy merry go round thank the Lord
And now for the ''thankyou'' in my title. To all of you that post,the friends/family and A's that made me see that i cannot do this anymore. Iv read stories from ppl that have lived this for years....and the sheer thought made my blood run cold.Good God im 48, I cant do it,i wont do it. And its thanks to all of your posts that i finally realised he wont change unless he wants to....he clearly doesnt. He wants to keep his own little bolthole for his benders instead of building a future with me.
I read the quackers threads....lordy lordy how many mental boxes was i ticking,far to many to count. Iv educated myself on this site endlessly and i finally found the guts to say enough is enough. I will not be taking him back,ever.
So thankyou all,for educating me,for giving me strength and wisdom,for showing me what my life would be like,and mostly for the peace of mind i now have in that i did the right thing.
Bless you all and i hope you all find your peace too,thankyou