View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jaeger

I'll tell you a little bit of my story. My AH was an angry drunk. Never really physical but verbal. I left my AH a couple of different times. Once for about a week, another time for a couple of months. Things progressively got worse, as most cases do. Things came to a head one day (very, very bad) and myself along with my kids had to leave the house for our safety. I just couldn't do it another day.

He moved out and got a place of his own so we could return to the house. I had no contact with him for quite a while. Unbeknownst to me, he started AA. He attended meetings every single day. We started talking again and did eventually reconcile but we continued to live apart for several months. He knew that he needed to concentrate on his recovery and nothing else. I also needed to work on mine.

I say all this because I want you to see that just because you move out doesn't mean it is over. I will say, I was entirely ready to call it quits. If your husband truly works on recovery, you have the rest of your life to be together. If he doesn't understand that you and the kids are hurt by his actions, do you really want to be with him?