View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Poppet35

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Poppet....you are right, you should think of how you feel, and not focus on how she is feeling, all the time. That is a good step.
There is a saying...Say what you mean..mean what you say...but, don't say it mean.
And, resist the impulse to JADE...Justify...Argue...Defend...Explain. And, remember..."You don't have to attend every fight you are invited to"...lol
Thank you I thought I was going mad because whenever I talk about how her words ad actions have made me feel or I need to work out how they've made me feel I'm selfishly focussing on myself and not her feelings and why she said the things that hurt me. But last night was a bit of a wake up call - being roused at an ungodly hour to be ranted at is really not on.

I have been trying the last "You dont' have to attend every fight you're invited to" but she hates it when I do this. She thinks I'm ignoring her or making her wait. She's so wound up that simply doing anything illicits a bad response from her - If i'd spoken to her we'd have gone on the merrygoround again but because I didn't speak to her she's in a terrible mood.

I'm so afraid to speak to her later. I know she'll turn it all round on me.