View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

AVRT produces a laser like focus , a ruthless logic.
AV is any thought of future consumption or doubt of the ability to remain abstinent.
The Beast will use the AV to pinpoint feelings and emotions ( shame, guilt, sadness, happiness ect ) as 'reasons' that drinking either is or could be a future option.
AVRT 's focus is to shut down any thought of drinking or doubt in our ability to be able to shut down, not act on those thoughts impulses.
"ITs advantage" is the AV claiming the Beast has any real power , either right now or in the future by planting the idea that our emotions will have a corrosive effect on our resolve. A powerful and good trick, but like all ITs other machinations , a lie.
"I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind" is the same as " I will never now drink, no matter what" , it is possible to not put a drink to your lips , right now this second , yeah? AV is the idea that that can't always hold true, that there is some conceivable Now in the future that those conditions will not be met.
Set your confidence in always having the ability to recognize and dismiss the AV at 100 % , anything else is AV, you got this, rootin for ya