View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal View Post
Berrybean, I'm not sure I understand correctly what you say. You suggest I go with what my therapist says and that prayer?

How I understood it, that's impossible because the prayer suggests more humility is the answer and my therapist suggests the opposite. She says I have to learn to think less about others and more about myself and put myself first.
According to her personality test I had too many points on the humility scale and not enough on the ego scale.

Also I don't think I know better than her. I feel not always understood and I find some of the things questionable that she says (like when she suggested I should have a beer with my friends) but in general I value her opinion highly because she is as said a professional.
Ahhh. Sorry. My mistake. I misunderstood what you said the therapist was saying. However, lack of humility isn't the same as thinking that we're great. It's just thinking too much about ourselves. Good or bad. Having too much of a focus on ourself. Constantly thinking how rubbish we are and how awful that is can be just as lacking in humility as when we're focussing too much on our good points. Like I said. Humility is about thinking about ourselves less. So perhaps instead of sitting dwelling on our part in world problems, we can focus on someone else instead.

The volunteer suggestion could be a good un.

BB