View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Trigger has been tripped

Well, just like the same cycle we have been on for quite some time, there are ups and downs with my XAH. For those of you who remember, my older DD does not go to his house anymore b/c of some things she did that was emotionally abusive to my DD. My DD bravely told her dad that she would never forgive his wife and that she would not be coming back over there at any point b/c of what they did. That she will still have a relationship with him b/c that's her dad, but that she wants nothing to do w/his wife.

My younger DD still goes b/c she has no choice. She does not like the wife very much, but gets along w/her to keep the peace basically.

My oldest did tell him she would go w/him to dinner w/her sister or something like that, but not with his wife. He said he would figure something out, and never did. That's been a couple of months ago.

So, things have been plugging along. Nothing big happening. Well, today my older DD tells me that her dad sent her a text that says he misses her. He then texts me and asks if I got any pics of my younger DD today b/c it was an event at school. I said I did not b/c she really did not want to participate. He then said he wanted to see if I do take any if I can send them to him b/c he is really missing the kids.....

Ugh. This makes me so mad. He misses them but does not ever elect to use his time during the week for my younger DD (she's happy about this). Nor does he ever make any effort to see my oldest DD, he sees her at an even we all go to (not together) once a week, for about 5 mins after that event.

It's all I can do not to engage and tell him all of this, but it just starts fights and produces nothing. I guarantee he wants me to intervene b/c he knows the kids are about done. I told him last year I would encourage our daughter to go see him and if he screwed it up, I was done, and she was too. So it should not be any big surprise, but we all know how that goes.

I hate the anxiety feeling this gives. I am also having anxiety b/c Easter is next month and I an not sure how all of this will work. Sigh.....