View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
virg0

Unhappy New, but not so new...advice... parole..

Hello everybody! I am new to this forum. I need a bigger place for support and a place with a lot of other people like myself. I was addicted to pretty much anything i could get my hands on but my DOC was heroin. I'm a young guy, 20. I haven't touched heroin in 8 months and have been on vivitrol.... But even on vivitrol... I haven't been serious about staying clean because i would use other things.. even after i moved states to get away from everything. I am now on state parole and NEED to stay clean.. the only thing i've been doing the last couple months has been weed. But it is hard and I feel a lot of pressure now because of this parole thing..., Not only am I an addict but I suffer from mental illness as well... a HUGE reason I used was to cope with my emotions and what not. I feel everything coming down around me because I have to do a measly 2 years of parole.. isn't that sad that i feel that way over this? .. meh.. I guess not.. Anyway... I came here in case I ever needed a place to go to vent.. and to read about other peoples stories.. Anybody else on or was on parole that is going through the same thing I am? I know it is just weed and other people can just put it down.. but I am not one of those people.. I just got put on parole a few days ago. Any advice for a newcomer? I would be lying if i said I am 100% determined to be clean.... because i'm really not... I'm kind of being forced because of parole...But I was hoping that with the help of this forum and other outside factors i'm working with.. maybe I can learn to appreciate sobriety.