View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Thanks for this thread - It helps others(myself included) when this experience is shared - shining a light on it. Glad you posted it.

My anxiety comes in waves and typically daily. As with many others, this anxiety - or truly fear - is a physically felt as you accurately describe. At times it withdraws me so bad I just want to climb in a hole and cover myself up. I see others having fun or just carefree and long for that . I may appear that way on the outside a lot, but on the inside I can be in a ball on knots.

Fear of economics and health issue are the two biggies for most I have found as it is with me. Somehow I have to get my thoughts from what's rattling around in my head to ease these fears/anxieties. Attempting to train and distract my mind are the keys for me.

I never push any spiritual things on others but will simply share from my experience use of a mantram helps me to focus immediately on others things.
Friends may investigate that as they wish or ask questions.

Something to do with my hands is the other method to get me out of head and focus on anything else. Clean some windows, start a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, pickup a room......etc. A task helps me get away from the jazzzz in my brain.

Again, I appreciate the topic and everyone's experience. Very helpful
I have found faith is the answer to fear. As my faith has grown over the years, my fears diminished to the point that fear is not a problem today. My faith grew by practicing the AA program and experiencing the results. It has been a very practical thing for me.