Thread: 7-3-2016
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Linz805

7-3-2016

I woke up that day from a blackout. One of the worst ones I've ever had. I had scrapes on my legs where I had fallin on some gravel that I have no memory of. I woke up just terribly sad and anxious and fearful. So of course the first thing I do is go for a drink to numb myself from this horror. Those were my last drinks. I cried out to God that day. But what made those prayers different was I was finally willing to take some action to stay sober. Simple steps. 8 months alcohol free tomorrow. It has been such a blessing. I feel better and my work product has improved 100%. This is not all sunshine and roses BUT it is compared to the endless despair I had while drinking. I have literally done this one day at a time. I stick close to God and I attend AA meetings weekly and I have a certain faith that if I stay sober I have endless beautiful possibilities. If I choose to go back to drinking I know it's going to be more and more hell. What do I have to lose?? Just step by step day by day...