Old 03-03-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
mandosca

Originally Posted by Jlg76 View Post
Mandosca: I just went through a similar thing with my long term boyfriend. He knows I drink too much. I would quit and he would just let it go again. This time I told him how sick my body got this and every time previous and he listened. I hope he gets it. Otherwise, just one of us taking it seriously won't work. Should have made him sit with me all two dozen times I sat and dry heaved, the other stuff and shook. He was in his shop or at work for all the good stuff. Keep at it. A sober weekend.
I agree, definitely need as much support and strength from him as I can get too. Sober Recovery is awesome but I can't be on it 24/7 :-)

I was very good at hiding everything from him. Even when he asked me questions about things that happened the night before. I had become very good at answering him in a way that gave me time to put the pieces together and figure out what the hell happened.. That is so sad that that is what my life has come to. All the sneaking and lying and hiding thing!

I hope your boyfriend and my husband begin to understand the severity of our problems soon, if not we are just going to have to spend even more time on here! :-)