View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Upstairs

Hola Marchers! I'll try and expand on what I said about being bored. I feel great these days. Just bouncing with energy. So me trying to sit down and enjoy watching TV and movies for hours has become harder.
While I was er..non-sober, alcohol had taken over my life. I had pushed away my family and friends, stopped taking care of myself, my land, my house, etc. All I had come to enjoy was coming home and drinking until I passed out and wake up to get to work the next day.
Now I'm exercising every day, visiting and talking to my family, taking care of everything once again. I still fall into that "dry drunk" thing though. It's hard on me to stop trying to enjoy things I used to, but that I no longer do, due to me being sober. I keep trying to enjoy them anyways. I'm a work in progress! I guess me being bored is really just part of the healing process in returning to being a healthy, sober person once again. I would never want to return to the old, drunken days. I hope this rambling post helps!