View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
brokenwife15

Wow - I can so relate to all of this. Thank you for posting lizatola and everyone else for your insightful replies! I've got "Finding Joe" on my movie watch-list for this week now and I'm looking forward to it!

I am newly self-aware of my extreme people-pleasing and co-dependency issues, and it truly is very difficult to face. I feel like I've been letting life pass me by while I've just been along for the ride with whatever comes at me. I can't remember the last time I initiated plans with anyone... but when someone asks me to do something, I just do it without even considering if it's something I'm really interested in doing. When asked where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner last week, I was paralyzed with indecision. I tried to have others pick a place, but they insisted I chose. After - no joke - hours of research and Yelp reviews, I came up with a restaurant, one that I thought would be a good fit for everyone (insert eye roll here). I'm afraid I'm at the very beginning of a long journey of self-discovery...