View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Poppet35

Thank you to everyone who replied to me. This is proving a rather tough time but because I've worked on my codie issues (still got a long way to go) I am feeling able to step back a bit from her.
She won't eat - I don't cajole her to, she won't rest - I don't get into conversations about how she can't. I'm providing an environment where she can rest or relax or not if she won't.

Anvilhead I see where you are coming from ( i never want my boys to feel that) and I have been focussing my attention on my boys and making sure they know they are my top priority. My boys are happy and settled in school and we have plenty of fun and laughter.

I've started on a knitting project that's been kicking about for years and that's helping. I need to get more sleep as these last couple of weeks have been exhausting tho.

I do feel lost and I'm discontented with my job, I'm not really sure who I am or what i want in life. I keep an eye on jobs out there but I don't know what I want to do. I'm focussing more of my attention on me (and my boys), fixing me, finding things that make me happy and pandering less to her. Currently I work from home and that doesn't help at times like these but I've taken up running and that feels good.

I'm trying to leave her be - she can do what she wants, her behaviour is her responsibility, if she wants to be rude, cold and distant - that's her problem. I can only fix me. Boy what I wouldn't give tho for a cuddle and loving word.

Thank you for your words of support.