Old 02-26-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I used to think that I was doing something wrong because the thoughts wouldn't go away and it seemed like it was easier for some of you guys but now I see that you all have struggled with the AV just the same as I do.
This is the big lie out there -- that thoughts of drinking are of themselves 'bad', and that if you have such thoughts, that you are somehow doing something wrong.

This is Addictive Voice, because the desire for the absence of desire in order to abstain is just a plan to drink in the presence of desire.

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
How do you all handle the AV regarding events in the future?

I have a wedding where I am the maid of honour... These will be major drinking events with other big drinkers like myself...
Other big drinkers like yourself? That's the Beast talking, so recognize that as AV. If you never drink, you can't possibly be a 'big drinker', can you?

The AV is trying to say that you are your Beast, and imposing its own identity on you. The Beast is the 'big drinker'.

The Beast also likes to use the notion of time and now vs. then against you. It will say "sure, you can say you won't drink now, but I'll get you then."

It's always 'now' though, and when 'then' actually comes, it will still be now. You can meet the Beast on it's own turf, and adopt linear time.

I never drink = I never drink now = I never drink in the present moment.

Set your confidence level arbitrarily at 100%, and recognize all self-doubt about perfect abstinence as the AV itself, since it suggests more drinking.