View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Ladybird579 View Post
He's moving across country, not to the moon. I don't see a massive problem here. You could still met up and see how things go. My only confusion is why he has to move cos his ADULT child is? Am not following that. My bf lives Europe and I only see him when we can meet up. It's not ideal but it's given me much needed space to work on my own issues. It sounds to me you aren't sure what you want and he's not a mind reader.
Yup. To all of it... I think there is at a root here, some level of my wanting to be judgmental (Im trying to be honest here!) about this notion that his ADULT child choosing to move somehow means he will too...

I grew up with a parent who felt threatened by the idea of my moving away and wanting to have my own young adult life and apart from the myriad other issues at play here, Im trying very hard to not offer my two cents about how it maybe isn't the healthiest approach to think that since he (my friend) feels he doesnt have a set and established life here, it's a good idea to up and move like his son.

I tend to think there are not a ton of young 20 somethings who would want their parent to move cross country with them...

I need to sort out my own stuff I guess rather than sit and judge and be annoyed by choices of others...