Old 02-26-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
Zenchaser,

Everything after the "but" is your Addictive Voice. It is saying that alcohol is medicine for loneliness, neurosis, and worry.

As long as you believe that idea, and don't recognize it as the AV, your Beast will have you over a barrel, with ready-made pathways to more drinking. I posted on another thread about how the Beast is revisionistic. You may want to read the post.

The Beast is revisionistic -

If you have other problems or concerns unrelated to drinking, seek legitimate help and/or solutions for those problems, but never allow the Beast to change the motivation for drinking.

If you allow this, IT will prevent you from addressing your problems, and possibly get ITs fix to boot, which will cause more problems, which IT will then try to use as a reason for even more 'relief' (drinking).

It's a vicious circle.
Sorry I'm not trying to hijack this thread. I had been drinking when I came on here the other night and was reaching out for help because I hate that I drink and what it does to me. It changes my personality and makes me sad and depressed and sorry for myself. Stupid way to spend my Friday night.... getting drunk and coming on a recovery site and crying about how pathetic I feel. I'm embarrassed. The drinking is the problem not the solution for my malaise and I'm going to kick it.