Old 02-25-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
Thanks all! The beast unfortunately has full control of me this weekend.
You've received some encouraging words, Behappy, even from me, but I think that perhaps you may be missing the point of AVRT.

AVRT is not something that 'works' on you to get rid of the Beast, so that you have no desire to drink, and abstinence becomes a by-product that 'just happens'.

AVRT is something that you do, by looking at your hands, and comprehending that it is you, and not the Beast, that moves the hands and fingers to swallow that alcohol that IT wants.

AVRT is just you, your self identity, your free will. It is your conscience, as it pertains to the use of alcohol, which your Beast disabled when it was first born, and declared that nothing that feels so good can possibly be wrong to drink.

I know from some of your other posts that you have suffered already by living out the Beast's new mandate for life. IT got what IT wanted, and IT left you to pay the price.

I suggest you get a grip, and drive the Beast into the ground, because the price will be steep if you do not. You do not have to want to be sober more than you want to drink, you simply have to want things to change.

Have you finished reading through the RR book that you have had for almost four years?

This weekend has one more day in it, and if you put the drink down today and get some sleep, you can read some of the book tomorrow instead of wasting it by feeding the Beast its bottle.