View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grymt
All is Change

you can begin to settle your mind by being aware of your body..I'm standing..I'm walking .. I'm sitting then as you settle a bit do the awareness of the in and out breathing.. When you calm down enough realise that all this will pass. It will. It is the past accumulation of impurities of the mind that you have been suppressing and now that you are working on your recovery it is rising up to pass away. Help it to pass by thinking of it as pus erupting from a wound, the wound will dry up, seal and heal. Don't be the pus. Be the doctor. Study it equanimously. Don't push it away or crave for some other thing to happen. Just observe it and comment on it as you do. "aha there is agitation in me , now let me see how long this last. With awareness go about your necessary household chores. Keep bringing your mind back to the awareness. In time it will quiet down and you won't have pushed it back to deal with again and you won't have added to the miseries by hating the state you are in. Finish with some loving thoughts and go to rest.