Old 02-24-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Calicofish
Catch and Release

Behappy:

What did I do, you ask?

At the very start I let myself eat anything I wanted. That usually consisted of carbs and lots of sweet things. I might gain weight, but sugar never had me making stupid texts or phone calls or making a fool of myself. I made a list of what drinking did to me and put that little list on my phone so I could refer to it whenever I had the urge. I binged watched loads of stuff on Netflix. I coloured in those new colouring books. I did scales on my guitar. I went to bed early.

I watched lots of documentaries on youtube about drinking, read loads of stuff here on SR and lots of Day 1 posts so that I would NEVER forget the agony of Day 1 (2,3, 4).

I joined the community theatre and made myself become part of it so that I had to be available and responsible 3 nights a week. I had to memorize lines.

Gradually, it became easier. I do not identify as an alcoholic nor do I say I'm in recovery. I am recovered because I do not drink and I will never change my mind, no matter what. No more day 1st EVER. It's absolute freedom never to have to make that decision again.

CF