View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
That's good stuff Liz.

You are taking the time to dig deep and find out what you really need, not just on the surface as so many (including myself) have done over and over.

Really good stuff.
HAHA, you do realize that I still have to learn this stuff over and over and over.....
Just because I recognize it, doesn't mean the lesson has been completely learned. I'm still figuring out what my needs are and sometimes they change if I'm hormonal.

Which, by the way, has changed a lot in the past 2 years, as well. I'm close to menopause and I never used to get emotional or needy with PMS, but now I'm a freaking mess some months and I still don't 'see' that it's probably hormonal.
So, I sit there and think about ending my relationship or sending the children to a camp far far away.......And, believe me, there are days when I truly do feel like running away from my bf because he's not hugging me when I want, or he's too busy for me at a certain time, etc.
And, then I get my period and a few days later, I'm like the happiest person on the planet. ARGHHHHHH!!!! All of a sudden, he seems like the needy one!!! Holding my hand while we're sitting on the couch! The nerve of the man. When just a week beforehand I was sitting there thinking, "What a jerk. I can't believe he hasn't held my hand yet. Idiot!"

Oh joy. And, his oldest is 11 and I see the pre puberty behaviors with her and the youngest isn't far behind. The poor man will have 2 pre teen girls along with a menopausal partner. Best of luck to him!