Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
djmchammered

Day 8, not like that is a big accomplishment for my drinking because the problems sneak up months later when I somehow talk myself into having a few. But I do find comfort that I won't be hungover this weekend!

I talked to a friend from the party where I started my last binge. She said she has seen me worse and that I deserve to loose control every once and a while. Years ago I was pretty bad, however I would sort of remember. Its weird how everyone around me expects this awful behavior. I am not OK with it. Its dangerous and I don't want to die.

I am currently reading a book by Randy Blythe, the singer from Lamb Of God called "Dark Days". It has been reinforcing the fact that I am an alcoholic and cannot drink no matter what. I can relate to his struggles as they are similar to mine as far as ruining everything and not being able to stop. It's a really good book, sort of goes between talking about his alcohol addiction and his 30 day stay in a Czech prison after being charged for manslaughter 2 years after a fan had jumped off stage, hit there head and later died. Its really a good book. For now life is sweet for the freedom of not drinking is liberating to me.

I hope you all have a good day and keep fighting!