Old 02-22-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I have a question, when the AV starts barking so much for so long that you develop physical symptoms such as anxiety, brain fog,dizziness, etc,how do you cope with that?
I don't know about the other symptoms, but anxiety at hearing AV is relapse anxiety, or anxiety over the possibility of drinking. Simply recognize that relapse anxiety as the AV itself, since it suggests more drinking.

The Beast is all feelings, and you will feel its discomfort when abstaining. Don't confuse its suffering with yours, however, and be glad that it suffers while you do not.

You don't need to be afraid of the Beast or the AV. Try asking your Beast to wiggle your finger in exchange for some drinks. The Beast may want those drinks, but it won't be able to do it.

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I've gotten great sober time in since finding RR but that overwhelming physical feeling does me in,seriously on my last relapse I was shaking driving to the gas station!
I would recommend not calling your binges relapses, since that suggests that they just happen, but if you do find yourself mobilizing to go out and get a drink, and feeling anxious by that, you can say to yourself "that was vertigo" to flip back into your right mind, and restate your BP to yourself.

Also, stop counting time since the last drink, since your Beast will do it for you anyway. When it reminds you of how very long it has been without a drink, just recognize that thought as the AV. The Beast is essentially a caged animal, and it will act up from time to time.