Old 02-20-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
BullDog777

I watch intervention...sober- to keep things green. i wouldn't watch it when I was out there because I knew how close to death I was.
I know now, i can never forget.

I knew what I was doing and I kept doing it.

I was one of those people who always thought I had another recovery in me. Like when I was really ready to get back on the wagon, it would be there. Hell, I joked about it sometimes.

I remember my neighbor picking me up off the pavement and taking me to the ER. That was my last memory for almost a week. When I finally came to, the Dr. said I had organ damage and had given myself type 2 diabetes from all the liquor. I had MRIs because of seizures in the past...I was dying.

The first 10 months I got sober I had to take 2 kinds of heart medication, kidney medication and diabetes medication.

you know what....I don't even know why I'm writing all this....it all comes down to when the time is wrong, nobody will be able to keep you sober.. when the time is right, you'll move mountains to stay that way.

I'm sorry I wasn't more encouraging. It's my own character flaws. I do apologize.
I just read your posts and found myself boiling inside. You sounded so much like I did.

I hope you feel better soon. Please don't wait too long to be done for good. For some of us...there is no going back anymore.