Old 02-19-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
djmchammered

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
I appreciate what AddictGuy is saying...but this is the part that bothers me.
"Unless you have quite an explanation for pot, you're just not going to find any of us here to salute when you raise that flag. It sounds circular to me."

There might be some of us that agree that pot is by far less harmful than alcohol. But no one can speak for all of us.

For me and I am just going to be honest here, it has been my medicine for 20 years and it has been nothing but wonderful to me. I was trying to avoid this because I know this is a trigger for many and nothing to be applauded on this forum. To me its the exact opposite, only when I am drunk I am not creative and lazy. I take very very little medicine FYI. Talking small amount in the morning before exercising and small amount in the late evening before editing and mixing records for bands alone mostly. Thats about my daily routine. For me its all about not drinking, MJ has been a positive thing in my life. I know for most on here that has not been the case, and I am sorry but I am just who I am. Drinking leads me to doing that line of coke and then going to the afterparty then having some ecstasy etc. When I use thc I am a loving person who makes it home on time and excels at doing my job and life and it seems to make everyday interesting. Now there is many days I do not partake. But drinking, holy ship that wrecks me like no other. I enjoy my somewhat healthy life and cannabis has not been a distraction or negative issue. I am very discrete and I barely use it. I just can't drink here. I know some are to completely think that addiction is addiction etc. I don't want to give up caffeine either! Alcohol is poison. I get what you are saying but it is almost the thing that blocks it for me personally as a gateway drug. When I go out, there is lots of hardcore drinking and drugs everywhere. If I am at a show and I am going to DJ and someone hands me a vape dab pen and I take one maybe two puffs. I am not drinking anymore that night. I am having a good time also behaving and making it home. Thats kinda where I am at. The goddam beer and booze kills me... Thank You all for you words, I am coming up with some plans, like 8 million other times. I am like a every 12 months off the rails binge drinker otherwise functioning alcoholic who fights alcohol and recognizes the problem. I just need to win the battle of not drinking.